Clash of Clans 'Dark Spell Factory' update released.
After days of sneak peeks, Supercell Games has finally released the latest update for Clash of Clans, dubbed the "Dark Spell Factory." The title is clearly inspired by one of the updates biggest new features, the Dark Spell Factory, which will provide players with three new Dark Spells -- Poison, Earthquake, andHaste.
Revealed over the course of the past week, Poison slows and drainst he health of defending troops; Earthquake does area of effect damage on all nearby buildings and walls; and Haste speeds up the movement of your attacking units. All three of these spells can be created in the Dark Spell Factory and take up one slots in your inventory, while traditional Spells take up two slots.
In addition to the new spells, the update brings a massive overhaul to Clash of Clans' competitive multiplayer.
Of course, the update brings tons of other changes as well, and you can find the full patch notes below:
The Rise of Master Spellcasters and Legends
- The Dark Spell Factory is here with three new spells!
- Dragon level 5 sets its golden gaze on Town Hall 10
- A second Air Sweeper will help clear the skies, starting at Town Hall 9
- New Leagues are here, including the Legend League Tournament and Legend Trophies!
The Dark Spell Factory
- Harness Dark Elixir to make spells with advanced tactics, starting at Town Hall 8
- Poison Spell: Make a toxic cloud that slows and drains the health of defending troops
- Earthquake Spell: Rattles away the hitpoints from buildings and Walls
- Haste Spell: The fastest speed boost ever, at half the storage space of a Rage Spell
- These Dark Spells take half the space of regular spells. Mix, match and experiment!
New Leagues and the Legend League Tournament
- Introducing Titan League and the ultra-prestigious Legend League at 5000 Trophies!
- Legend League Tournaments are a new challenge for top players, ending once a month
- Tournament Legends get their final standings featured in the Top Players tab and profile
- Each tournament resets Legends to 5000 Trophies and converts extras into permanent Legend Trophies!
- Training times in the Spell Factory have been reduced
- Extra Spells can now be queued in Spell Factories, even if your Spell Storage is full
- All resource storages are now immune to all direct spell damage
- Clan Tournaments are one month long and award more gems to more players per Clan
- Barbarian, Archer, Dragon and P.E.K.K.A training cost adjusted for some levels
- Several building hitpoint values have been increased
- Inferno Tower's Single firing mode now charges to full power slightly faster
- Dragon level 4 has been moved to Town Hall 9
- Archer towers arrows travel faster so they "miss" less of their shots at range
- Troops and Heroes are less likely to target walls unnecessarily (even the Archer Queen)
- Troops and Heroes will not continue bashing through walls to get to a destroyed target
- Wall Breakers now avoid retargeting towards unnecessary walls when deployed in groups
- Fixed rare cases where defending Heroes or defenses might get stuck and not attack
- Train your army with a new Training button just above Attack - no more Barracks-hunting
- Army Overview lets you view, request troops and edit your army, including spells!
- Quick-tabs have been added to training views to make cycling between buildings easier
- Troop selection when attacking has been cleaned up with new visuals and sounds
- You can now filter offensive Clan Chat by enabling the Clan Chat Filter in the Settings
- Arabic and Traditional Chinese languages are now supported!